- Dangerous Deception by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl – I was unable to get my hands on a copy of this until around Christmas. So I’m transferring it to a read for this year. I loved Beautiful Creatures and while Dangerous Creatures wasn’t as good, I want to read the conclusion and find out what happens to Riley and Link. I don’t like leaving a series unfinished.
- Tower of the Dawn by Sarah J. Maas – When the ebook for this one came in, I didn’t have time to read it. I’m hoping to get to it this year and finish the series.
- Uprooted by Naomi Novak – A friend of a friend had started a book club, and my month to pick the book was December and this was my pick. Alas, we ended in November due to lack of participation because it didn’t work out the way the organizer intended it to. With my rush to finish books on my Beat the Backlist in December, I didn’t have time to read it.
- Library Jumpers Trilogy by Brenda Drake – Brenda is one of my fellow #ShadowSquad pals who live chat Shadowhunters. When I realized she was an author that wrote about a a magical library I knew I had to read it. Alas, my library system doesn’t own them and I could not order all of them through ILL. Once the third one is available that way though, I’ll be reading them.
- Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce – It’s the last Tortall series I have to read to be caught up on that universe. However, we only have books 1, 2, and 4 at work, and it was difficult to time the ordering of it through ILL for when I’d need it and not have too many other books checked out/waiting on my desk. ILLs can’t be renewed so I have to be able to read it as soon as it’s in my hands. I decided instead to switch it out for reading the The Mortal Instruments series to better understand the show and go on to The Dark Artifices before Queen of Air and Darkness came out.
- Lord Of Shadows by Cassandra Clare – I was only able to get through Lady Midnight with a couple of days to spare before the end of the year. And since the e-book is no longer available in Overdrive due to excessive checkouts, and the library being closed for four days due to the Holiday (I was also off for 12 days with time owed for compensation for being Salaried combined with all the regular weekend and holidays).
While my list only goes to six, you’ll find that’s actually 11 total books. Some of these I have put on my list for this year. Hopefully, I’ll get to them this time.