Like the last two years, I’ll be participating in this challenge hosted by the Novel Knight. The challenge has really helped me knock some series off my To Be Read list and stay on track for reading. If I already have a list of books I want to get to that year picked out, I’m not left wondering what to read next. Since starting I’ve decided to only do completed series, and I rarely start a new series now anyway unless it’s by an author I already love.
This past year, I had to switch some books out since I couldn’t get my hands on them. Dangerous Deception is not available through any library in my area, but I found it in our donations a couple of weeks ago, so it’s going back on the list for next year. I was also unable to do the Protector of the Small series as book three is not available in my area either, and I didn’t have time to request it from an outside system. I did, however, finally manage to read all the Mortal Instruments books!
For next year, I plan to read more Adult and Middle Grade since I mainly read YA. I’ll be reading:
- V. E. Schwab’s A Darker Shade of Magic, which I’ve heard such good things about
- Finishing the last two Throne of Glass books with Tower of the Dawn and Kingdom of Ash
- Three Dark Crowns series, which I’ve been dying to read since I read the three chapter preview on Epic Reads, but have been waiting for it to be mostly finished.
- Insatiable series by Meg Cabot
- Infernal Devices and Dark Artifices by Cassandra Clare
- Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
- The Ninja Librarians: Sword in the Stacks by Jen Swan Downey
- School for Good and Evil books 2-4, I realize this series isn’t done, but it’s about time I finished it.
- The Case for Jamie by Brittany Cavallaro
- Speak Easy, Speak Love by McKelle George
- Bloodline by Claudia Gray
- Dangerous Deception by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory, because I need to read more Romance
- That Inevitable Victorian Thing by E. K. Johnston
- Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter
- Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce
- Garth Nix’s Abhorsen/Old Kingdom books, possibly
- Percy Jackson series, at least the first one if not all the Riordan books except the Kane Chronicles which I already read
- And last but not least, Harry Potter 2-7, because bad librarian confession, I never read these when I was younger
I hope I can get to all of these. There are quite a lot of books in the Percy Jackson books and all the spin-offs. So we’ll see. Some of these should be quick reads, other’s not so much. Kingdom of Ash is nearly a 1,000 pages! It will definitely have to be read via e-book because there is no way with my neck and back issues I’ll be carting that one around. I also have to read all the stuff I picked for the book club at the library, but the book club a friend started didn’t last and we never did discuss the November read, which I thought didn’t live up to the hype, but have been afraid to review here for fear of backlash. Also, some Graphic Novels will get added to this at some point depending on what on my backlist of Marvel titles I can get my hands on.
You can view my tentative list here on GoodReads.