So I’ve seen this challenge going around Twitter, and I’ve been thinking about using it as motivation to finally knock a LOT of books off my Too Read list. I’ve decided I think I’ll try it. My list can be found here, on my Goodreads account. The only caveat for this challenge is that the books be published before 2017. So there are some 2016 books on here. I’m very behind on popular YA series, and as a Teen Services Librarian I feel I need to at least attempt to read some of these to help in Reader’s Advisory. I’ll be completing this challenge as part of Ravenclaw House as well.
- Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
- Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas
- The Selection series by Kieara Cass
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (I watch Shadowhunters and I want to keep pace with the books)
- Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth (Yes, I haven’t read these yet.)
- Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce (These have been on my list for about a decade, and it’s been too long since I read any Tammy.)
- Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard
- Dark Disciple by Christie Golden
- Rogue One: Catalyst by James Luceno
- Dangerous Deception by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- The Diveners series by Libba Bray
- Postcards from the Edge by Carrie Fisher
- Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher
Some of these are from series I’ve already started, like City of Ashes and Dangerous Deception. I added the Carrie Fisher books because I with her recent death I feel I need to finally read her work. Divergent is the only one I’m not as enthusiastic about. I typically like Dystopic fiction. I really like Hunger Games, The Maze Runner, and The Testing series. But I honestly wasn’t as impressed with the world of Divergent when I watched the movies, and was really confused over things. I’m hoping the books will help me understand things better. If I don’t like Divergent, I won’t be finishing the series. I have almost 30 books on here, I know I can read 30 books in a year, but whether I can force myself to read these is the question. Currently the only 2017 book I want to read is The Last of August, so I think it’s doable. I’ll probably add all the graphics I want to read published before this year as well. Which means Alex + Ada is up first.
Wish me luck everyone!