Seems this is the second time another blogger is passing this one to me, so I guess that means poeple really like my blog and maybe I better pass it on this time. The first time it was Jolene over at Miss Once Upon a Marathon , this time it’s my new friend Jo AKA The Wookie Gunner (and look out for a cool collaboration we are working on). This award, in the old chain letter format, is just a fun way to honor your fellow bloggers who you think are doing a great job and pormote one another. I’ve seen a couple of different versions of it in my research (I am a librarian after all). Last time, I couldn’t find enought people to pass the nomination on too, I still don’t know enough, but I did answer Jolene’s questions for me privately. This time, I think I’ll pass it on to as many as I can, which might not be many. After all it’s Christmas and Graduation, so I can have one fun post.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 10 Liebster questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees 10 questions.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
11 Random Facts About Myself
- started volunteering in libraries when I was 13, the rest is history
- I moved a lot growing up, about six times between ages 8 and 15
- As a result I went to nine differnt schools by the time I was in high school, some of them twice
- I’m proud to say I started at a Community College, I think they need more recognition and shouldn’t be conisdered just a place for those that can’t get into “real schools” as that was not the case with me
- I have eclectic taste in things whether it’s fashion, music, or anything else. This means I might dress in a geeky tshirt one day and in BCBG the next (although I never pay full price for expensive fashion items), or that a Taylor Swift song might play after a Nightwish song on my mp3 player.
- I conisder myself a closet Goth
- I LOVE corsets (see above and below facts)
- I’m a Steampunk, and thus am a member of the growing Tampa Bay Steampunk Society
- I wear a bustle now, bustles are cool.
- I’d like to work in a medical library even though my academic background is in English and Writing
- I didn’t start driving until a few monts ago partially due to a fear of driving (my drivers ed teacher said I was unteachable, but what do high school football coaches know?) and partially because I just couldn’t afford a car
- Here, Pretty Kitty! And Iowa Fashion Blog – My cousin Marlena and her best friend Jessi at Here, Pretty Kitty! have been documenting their unique, quirky, and vintage inspired fashion for about a year now, and I absolutely love their posts! I look forward to reading them. It’s made me want to find a job near them and move on out there so I can join them on their shopping outings. They have some beautiful sceneray as the backdrop to most of their photos, and be prepared for a cuteness attack when Marlena’s son occasionally accompanies her in the pictures.
- Star Wars Anonymous – Found this blog recently and have been enjoying her posts on different aspects of Star Wars. She profiles a different scene each week and has a lot of interesting posts from one on the Jedi Code to one on who’s to blame for Anakin turning into Darth Vader.
- Cataloging Kyra – Kyra just started her career as a library school student at Syracuse University and has been using her blog to talk about various topics she goes over in her classes. I’ve really enjoyed her point of view and the topics she goes over. I did a response to one of her post recently and I really think that she is a great new voice in the biblioblogosphere.
- Skipping Through the Stacks – Another fellow Fangirl of the Day honoree, Valerie is recent grad and a new Youth Librarian and Geek. She recently posted a great altered books craft where she used old books to create Christmas Tree centerpieces, and they are so cute! She has some great ideas and book reviews, so head on over and check her blog out. Pun intended.
- Beta Librarian – I just fond this blog in my recommendations. When I saw her “Dr. Hoo” banner that had all the Doctors as owls, I knew it was a blog and a blogger I’d like. She has book reivews and general library stuff. So far, I like her blog and plan to keep reading.
My 10 Questions From The Wookie Gunner
- Why did you start blogging? I had to. In my foundations class I was required to start a blog as part of the 23 Things project started by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Library. I then saw a post on Hack Library School recommending library students blog so I kept it up.
- What’s your plan for the future? To get a job in a library hopefully as a Youth Librarian, and then move out.
- Do you still watch cartoons? If so, which ones? Yes, Legend of Korra, I also watched Clone Wars. I was never really into cartoons that much as a kid, I watched them occasionally, but never really got into them. However, in my late teens and early twenties I did get into French import Code:Lyoko and was turned onto the Avatar franchise by my college roommate.
- What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Star Wars, Duh! And a lot of other things too, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice (1995 version), Bridget Jones Diary, Kate and Leopold, Ever After, etc.
- Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? Hair Dresser, fire fighter (that didn’t last), a waitress, a teacher
- Are you reading any books right now? If so, what? Just finished the first Stephanie Plum book by Janet Evanovitch, on the second one now.
- What’s your favorite social media platform? I don’t know.
- What’s one thing you would like to change about your life? I don’t think I’d change much of anything. To change one thing in my past would change my present in unforseen ways and could have adverse effects. Who knows if it would be better or worse. If I take away all those moves and school changes, or my medical problems, I wouldn’t be the woman I am today.
- What fictional world would you like to live in? That’s a hard one to answer. Too many I think to pick just one.
- If you were given one wish, what would you wish for? A cure and treatment for Neurofibromatosis.
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite author?
- Do you have a favorite fandom?
- Favorite Holiday?
- Cake or pie?
- As an adult, do you still dress up for Halloween?
- Vintage or modern?
- Do you like to shop?
- How would you describe yourself?
I should add that no one is under any obligation to pass this award on. It’s totally up to you. I hate chain letters, but in the spirit of the season, I’m passing it on this time to some really great bloggers I think deserve a pat on the back.